|| THE QUICK FIX!
COMMON PROBLEMS.....SIMPLE SOLUTIONS.....HELPFUL TIPS
- Think in terms of cooperation...
- Why is your child not cooperating with you?
- Find out what your child needs to be able to cooperate.
- Respond respectfully.
- Find out what they want you to know.
- Later you can tell them how their rudeness makes you feel.
Won't Pick Up Things
- Ask them to pick up their things.
- Ask if they'd like help.
- Tell them how you feel when they don't pick up their things.
- Ask what they need so they'd pick up their things.
- Ask if anyone needs some help.
- Keep calm and respectful.
- Let them know you can help them solve this so they both feel good..
Preventing A Public Temper Tantrum
- Pay close attention to them.
- Engage their interest:
- point out things
- sing to them
- let them carry something for you
- give them a snack
- carry them / push in stroller
Doesn't Want To Go To Bed
- Ask why they don't want to go to bed.
- Explain why you want them to go to bed.
- If necessary, ask what they need to go to bed at "bedtime."
Doesn't Do Chores
- Keep calm, respectful and patient
- Tell them how you feel when they don't do their chores.
- Ask what needs to happen so they can do their chores.
- Understand child wants your attention
- Apologize for not paying attention sooner / maybe explain why
- Pay attention
- Later ask child not to whine
- Tell that you will pay attention when they first just ask
...Find Solutions That Everyone Involved Likes...
Makes Them Feel Good!
|Preparation can prevent many
|More on Disobedience...
- Are their needs different than yours
and, therefore, you need to
- Have they misunderstood your
- Have you misinterpreted their
actions as disobedient just because
they are not doing exactly what you
expected them to do?
- Are they tired of being bossed
around, as we all can be?
- As a behavioral model, are you
frequently uncooperative with your
|End Conflict NOW! Is so worth it!
3-year-old children learn it in minutes...
And then they do it!
|Questions About Raising Happy Kids?
Submit Them Below...